Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Final Days 7-9: My Final Piece II




These are pictures of my final piece close up. I made these by first making a paper template, then drawing around it onto some see through plastic. Once I cut out the plastic using a ban saw I then had to tidy up the lines so I used a rasp to cut it close to the lines I marked out on the plastic. Afterwards I got a piece of sand paper and sanded down the edges so they weren’t sharp but instead smooth. To make it so the plastic had a scratched effect on it I used the sand paper over the plastic. After I did this I used a drill to put in small holes in each corner of the shapes. I really like this effect on the plastic as it makes it look cold even though it symbolises fire, something hot.
I think this went really well as I put in a lot of work towards it and my next step will be to finish it off as a mobile.




No comments:

Post a Comment