Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Saturday 21 May 2011

Day 4: The Symbol of Fire



This is an image of fire that I made with black tape onto another piece of white acrylic. I think I might take this further later on. It’s meant to show when Prometheus gave fire to man. I also think that this went really well as I really like this image so I feel inspired to take this even further. My next step will be thinking of how to take this further, through models perhaps.


This is a ceramic plate that I bought from a charity shop as it reminded me of the old ceramics used in ancient Greek. I put on the patterns with black and grey tape by cutting away at the tape with a scalpel then putting them onto the plate. It’s meant to show the image of fire that Prometheus gave to man to get them out of misery. This image, I think, went really well onto the plate like it did on the paper and I enjoyed doing it. By taking it further I think I'll put this image onto the plaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment