Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Saturday 21 May 2011

Day 5: Taking Things Further



This is the symbol of fire I had made earlier on acrylic and I did decide on taking it further by making out a paper model. I made it by making two paper templates, getting some string, and used glue to put it all together. I glued the string to one of the templates, and then glued the second template on top to make a kind of mobile. I’m thinking about going with this even further, maybe making a metal mobile. Below are images of the two templates before I put them together, then another of what it looked like laying down on a table (The image above is where it's being held up by the string).
I think this went really well as I plan to take it even further by making a metal mobile out of this design. My next step will be to measure out what I'll need and to make a metal template before making the mobile so both sides are equal. On the paper model you can easily see that the two sides didn't go together perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment