Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 2 Continued: Bringing in my Life Drawings



This drawing was done by me thanks to a picture in my research that I used as a reference and from a picture I drew from life drawing. I drew it out first with chalk on the black paper before I added colour with different coloured chalks. Afterwards I smudged it. This is supposed to me Prometheus on the rock that he was tied to by Zeus where he would get his liver eaten out by a giant eagle once every day.


This is another picture I did thanks to the references I have in my research, including the pictures I drew in life drawing. In this picture I started with black pastel for the outline of his body and white chalk on other parts of his body. His hair I did with a brown pastel, and the red, orange, and yellow stains were done with ink. It shows Prometheus taking the fire from the sun for the humans down on Earth.

I think that both of these drawings were a lot of fun to do and came out really well. I was really inspired by Derek Hess and Egon Schiele with these drawings and I hope that people can see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment