Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 1 Continued: Making my Plaster Tablet



















I made this tablet out of plaster for later when I’d carve out of it a symbol for my work. To make this I started with a piece of concrete tablet, and then put wet clay around the tablet before taking the concrete out of the middle. Once I did that I mixed some plaster and poured it into the clay, then put a wire mesh into it to give it structure so it wouldn’t break. I waited for the plaster dry before putting on another layer of plaster, and then also waited for that to dry before taking off the clay from around the plaster mould.

I feel that this went really well as I really enjoyed doing this and in my next step I plan to carve out a symbol into the plaster. The ceramic artist Jennifer McCurdy really inspired me with her work when I started with the plaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment