Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog about the Greek myth of Prometheus. This blog is for my college work, nothing else.

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Day 2: Handmade Paper & Life Drawing



This is a piece of paper that I made myself. To do this I took some torn up pieces of paper and put them into a blender with some water. Once it was a fine mush, I put it into a wooden box that was in a plastic tub with water in the bottom. I spread out the fine mush onto the piece of mesh that was at the bottom of the wooden box, waited for it to settle, and then slowly took out the wooden box from the plastic tub. After I took the box out I disconnected the wooden box base from the mesh and slowly took out my piece of paper. I let it dry to turn into my fine piece of paper.

I found that this also went really well, except that some how a corner had been ripped off but I still love it. My next step will be finding a way to bring this piece of paper into my work.




This is a piece of paper that I had made earlier but I had then cut it, burned the edges of it, and I used a lighter to do this as well as hover it under the paper to burn pieces of it. Afterwards I used watercolours to paint lightly on it to make this image of fire. I made this other image as I was thinking about what I'd put onto my piece of plaster that I had made on day 1. My next step will to take this further, maybe by putting it onto my plaster tablet.


This is a picture of the life drawings I did that I thought might come in handy later on. I cused charcoal and chalk for these different pictures, all done in slightly different styles. 

I found that this went really well even though I had to draw a naked guy and in my next step with this I'll try to find a way to bring my life drawings into my work with Prometheus.

No comments:

Post a Comment